Things to know about Diaphragm Wall
When a large construction project is envisioned, the first and foremost thing to be taken care of is the diaphragm wall which is also known as D-wall. D-wall is a type of retaining wall that is used to build the foundation of a building. It is made panel by panel which is 3-7 meters long further making it a continuous wall.
How is it built?
It is built in four stages. The first one is the guide wall, the second one is the excavation, the third one is the reinforcement, and finally the concrete placement.
- Guide wall:- Guide wall is two parallel piles of walls that are meant to support the equipment that is to be used for the excavation.
- Excavation:- In the second stage, the soil of the particular area is excavated.
- Reinforcement:- Then the iron structure is inserted for the concrete placement.
- Concrete Placement:- At last the concrete is placed and left for the required time for setting before removing the guide walls.
Areas of usage:
The wall is mostly suited for larger construction projects which are Hindustan’s, (one of the most trustable construction companies in Gujarat) area of expertise. These larger construction projects include :-
- Basement construction.
- Underground car parks and railway stations.
- Pump stations
- Cut off walls
- Dam building.
- Load-bearing elements.
If you have a plan for these above-mentioned kinds of construction works then you must be thinking of diaphragm walls. Here are some benefits of using D-walls as the foundation of your project.
- The process of D-wall construction is quite simple and produces fewer vibrations.
- It can be constructed to great depths. (80m)
- It can be constructed on various types of soil.
- D-wall acts as an effective water-resistant.
What Hindustan has for you:-
The one thing that separates us from others is the ability to provide the right product for the right client. The design of the diaphragm wall can vary from project to project. Before starting with the project. We first examine the land and other specifications that are supposed to be taken care of. Because we value our customers and their needs. We do not compromise. The major problems that customers face when it comes to D-walls are:
- Expensive:- We have encountered several people frustrated with one major problem that comes in their way of dreaming big and making it real and that is the cost. As one of the most trustable construction companies in Gujarat, Hindustan champions loyalty. We believe in providing our customers with the best solution always. We provide you with services and products that are suitable for you. We actualize your dream.
- Not having various designs:- There has always been a myth that all the D-walls are the same and it's boring! But not with Hindustan. Being one of the best construction companies in Gujarat, We can give you various range of D-walls designs according to your requirements and customizations.
- Equipment:- The reason that we provide you with your desired product is our high-end equipment. It doesn’t matter how difficult the project is, we are capable of doing that with our advanced technology.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is D-wall construction expensive?
ANS) It always depends on the kind of project you are working on. But we have the most customer-friendly products and services.
- Why D-walls are preferable?
ANS) D-walls are preferable because unlike other walls D-walls are capable of bearing water and soil pressure which is paramount when you are thinking of a foundation. And we are at the forefront in providing customized ones according to your needs.
- Are D-walls only for basement construction?
ANS) Absolutely not! we provide you with D-walls which are suitable for every kind of construction project.
- What D-walls are made of?
ANS) D-walls are made of reinforced concrete.
- Are diaphragm walls and retaining walls the same?
ANS) There is no such difference between these two. But there can be differences when it comes to construction methodology and purpose. A diaphragm wall is usually designed considering the soil pressure during different construction stages. Retaining walls are built for particular soil pressure.
- What are the things that are needed for D-walls?
ANS) The most crucial part of D-wall construction is the equipment. And this is something that we, being one of the top construction companies in Gujarat, have mastered.
- What area D-walls are suited for?
ANS) D-walls are mostly suited for congested areas where movement is limited.
- Does D-wall construction take time?
ANS) It does take a required time frame and depends on the set of the right equipment. But we have always been faster in D-walls implementation. This is what makes us one of the finest construction companies in Gujarat.
- What is the depth of D-wall construction?
ANS) The maximum depth of D-wall construction is 80 meters.
- Are D-walls waterproof?
ANS) Yes, the main purpose of building a D-wall is to withstand water and soil pressure.
Thus, in conclusion, Hindustan, one of the most trustable construction companies in Gujarat is equipped with the right strategy for your project with faster technological services. We have been growing in the construction field for the last 10+ years. We have studied what customers are looking for and what is stopping them from fulfilling their desired result and here we are having solutions to every problem and doubt that you have. We have worked on “ project names” and it has always been a success in all parameters.
A work of construction is a work of the trust, it's a work of durability, it's a work of excellence, and Hindustan has perfected the art.
In summary, we are well aware of the fact that trust is earned and we have earned the trust of thousands and we will surely be earning yours.